MCCYF accepting online applications for Oliver Flanagan Scholarship

Muskingum Community Foundation located at 534 Putnam Ave.

By Jessica Johnston, Assistant News Director

The Muskingum County Community Youth Foundation, along with Scholarship Central, is currently accepting applications for the 2018 to 2019 Oliver Flanagan Scholarship.

Mary Flanagan, Oliver Flanagan’s widowed wife, founded the scholarship to assist college students with textbook purchases.

The scholarship, worth $250, is awarded to a sophomore, junior or senior level undergraduate student or a graduate level student. Eligible students must be a graduate from a Muskingum County high school, currently hold a cumulative 3.0 GPA and show a level of financial need.

Students looking to apply for the scholarship must show proof of textbook purchases to receive reimbursement.

The winner will be chosen by the Community Youth Foundation at the March meeting. The chosen student recipient will be required to submit textbook receipts, as well as write a thank you letter.

Any students who have completed their first year of a two or four-year college, technical college or university, or have started graduate level schooling within the U.S. are eligible to apply.

In order to apply, students must submit an up-to-date, official or unofficial, version of their transcripts that also indicates which year the student is, a copy of their financial aid packet as a PDF, along with the scholarship application which can be found here.

The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 5 p.m. on March 1.

Anyone with questions should contact Scholarship Central at 740.453.5192 or email scholarshipcentral@mccf.org.