Y-City News

Cracked chimney causes Friday night fire in Perry Township

Jessica Johnston, Y-City News

Jessica Johnston, Y-City News

By Christine Holmes, News Director

A chimney fire caused damage to three levels of a Perry Township home Friday evening.

Perry Township Fire Chief Bruce Sindeldecker said a man woke up to the smell of smoke around 6:30 p.m. and was able to evacuate with his dog, the only other occupant in the Beauty Lane home.

Neither were injured.

Firefighters from New Concord and Washington Township assisted in putting out the fire.

Sindeldecker said the house sustained moderate damage.

According to Sindeldecker, a crack in the chimney, which is used with a wood burning stove, caused the fire.

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.