Home destroyed in Thursday morning fire


By Staff Report

A local family has been displaced after their home was destroyed by a structure fire early Thursday morning.

Community members have already begun organizing a clothing and supply drive to aid the home’s five residents in this difficult time.

According to officials, the fire occurred at a home along Garden Road in Falls Township at around 8 a.m. Thursday morning.

The blaze appears to have begun in the kitchen of the residence, whose occupants were cooking at the time, and then quickly spread throughout the rest of the home.

When firefighters arrived on the scene, the home was already mostly engulfed in flames.

It appears five individuals lived at the residence, two adults and three children, all of whom made it out safely, including the family pet dog.

The three children reportedly all go to Zanesville City Schools and fellow students and community members have already come together to help the family. They did not have insurance on the home.

  • Jaylen, 17, wears size four pants, medium shirts and a size nine shoe.
  • LaCole, 16, wears size twelve pants, large or extra large shirts and a size 8.5 shoe.
  • Kaylea, 13, wears size four jeans, small or medium shirts and a size 7.5 shoe.

The family lost everything in the fire and any donations are appreciated. Items can be dropped off at 1805 Adams Lane, Apartment 1, in Zanesville.

During Zanesville’s basketball game at Hiland High School, students from the opposing team’s cheerleading squad donated four bags of clothing to support the family. The Red Cross is also providing assistance.