Scholarship Central hosting College Prep Workshops starting Tuesday

Photo by Matt Ragland via Unsplash.

By Jessica Johnston, Assistant News Director

Planning for college just got a little bit easier. The Scholarship Central Access Program is holding College Preparation Workshops starting Tuesday.

There will be five workshops throughout October and November to assist students in completing the FAFSA, filling out the common application, writing entry essays and resumes and applying for scholarships.

Advisers at Scholarship Central will help guide students through some of the key processes when applying to college.

Students and their parents can register for any of the five workshops by visiting scholarshipcentral.org and clicking on “Upcoming Events.”

Students can also schedule an appointment during business hours by going to scholarshipcentral.org and clicking “Schedule an appointment.”

Scholarship Central is located at the Muskingum County Community Foundation on Putnam Avenue and is a place for students, parents and residents to learn more about educational opportunities after high school graduation.

The five workshop dates and topics:

• October 9 – Common App How-To
  • October 23 – Essay Writing How-To
  • October 30 – FAFSA Workshop
  • November 13 – Resume/Activity Sheet
  • November 27 – Scholarship How-To

When planning for the workshops there are a few dates to keep in mind. Typically, early decision common applications are due Nov. 1 with the regular decision deadline on Jan. 1. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid application, in Ohio, is due by Oct. 1, 2019, although the U.S. Department of education encourages families to fill out the FAFSA application as soon as possible.